By Bob Speyer, Web Success Team
Social Media Marketing is a human science. Because it is relationship driven, it is the perfect environment for change. However, one constant in social media is using a systematic methodology to increase your effectiveness.
The Web Success Team utilizes a proven formula for engagement that involves what we call the Five Phases of Social Media Marketing.
Phase ONE: Discovery
- Review and understand company goals and objectives
- Assess Social Media marketing efforts and promotional ideas
- Understand company and brand positioning within the current marketplace
- Understand main competition, target markets, market penetration, etc.
Phase TWO: Strategic Marketing Plan
- Develop a comprehensive online marketing plan to accomplish Client’s primary goals and objectives, both short and long term
- Understand the demographics of your target market
- Engage target audiences, creating promotional incentives and driving traffic to website
Phase THREE: Implementation
- Implement the online marketing strategies and tactics, including building out Social Media profiles, developing content, engaging consumers and pushing out promotional campaigns with incentives to purchase. This will be done via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, blogs and other social platforms like Digg, StumbleUpon, and visual social platforms like Pinterest.
Phase FOUR: Review and Analysis
- Periodic ongoing reviews and analysis of the marketing strategy and implementation phases
- Make further recommendations and revising campaigns based upon metrics
Phase FIVE: Adjust Tactics
- Based upon analysis of Phase FOUR, your marketing team should review marketing strategies, implement approved recommendations, test and track on a continuous basis throughout the length of the agreement.
Taking a thorough and systematic approach to Social Media will increase your effectiveness and help build stronger and more engaged audiences. Showing the client how the process unfolds will help them understand how Social Media can promote their brand and increase their Internet footprint.
If you liked this article you may also like: