Last week we wrote a post on how digital technology is replacing cold calling. A few of you have asked us to expand on the topic so here is a post on using LinkedIn for prospecting.
More and more companies are turning to LinkedIn for business and sales. This ever-growing social platform is also proving itself to be a powerful sales tool. Here are some suggestions on how to take advantage of technology to get leads and sales using LinkedIn:
1. Follow Companies and Employees: LinkedIn offers you a unique opportunity to research and find companies that could be potential customers. Follow them and connect with key employees. Also follow their posts to interact and engage.
2. Connect on Your Company Page: Your followers are golden; these are connections that have chosen to follow your business page, therefore they are a captive audience. Take advantage and connect. You can also send them a LinkedIn email, introducing yourself and offering your services.
3. Share Your Blog: Sharing your blog on LinkedIn is a way to offer information about your company. If connections give you a “Like” or a “comment” you can answer them and then offer to connect further.
4. LinkedIn Endorsements: Those delightful connections that take the time to endorse you and your services are great potential clients or connections that could lead to clients. Follow them, endorse them and thank them. This will start a nice conversation and will help build familiarity.
5. Build Trust: Keep it light, keep it simple, you have something of value to offer. Don’t abuse people’s confidence by spamming and overselling. Value their trust and build a relationship.
LinkedIn has over 200 million people available to connect with. Train your sales team to take advantage of the wealth of connections and huge possibilities.
If you liked this article you may also like: