By Ellen Violette, the eBook Coach
The world of book publishing has been turned on its head. Like the newspaper and magazine industry, people are bypassing the more traditional medias and now searching the Internet for their information and education. Our habits in a few short years have dramatically changed. Today’s reality of getting a book to market can take years, if not at all.
Ebooks, on the other hand, are tailored made to today’s fast-paced, information hungry audience. Ebooks are shorter in length and to the point. They can be written in as little as 72 hours, position you as an authority in your field, help promote your services or draw interest in your company. Most ebooks offer self-help advice on a wide range of topics – from marketing strategies to motivational topics to growing an organic garden.
Not only can you use an ebook for self-promotion, but you can also sell it online and make extra income. Ebooks once a novelty are quickly becoming a necessity! By delivering content online, it gives you a chance to collect names and emails so that you can continue to build the relationship and interact with your customer base over time and help position you as an expert in your field.
5 Ways You Can Use eBooks to Increase Your Online Sales and Profits
EBooks are HOT and if you aren’t writing them, you’re missing a HUGE opportunity because:
- ebooks are the fastest way to gain credibility and expert status: We are “hard-wired” to respect authority. The word author actually comes from the word “authority.” We look up to authors. And the truth is that less than 1% will ever write one although many dream of writing one. So authors are a rare breed. And we tend to value what is rare in our society; so we value authors. That means they are able to make more money from EVERYTHING they do just from becoming an author. And there is no faster way to become a bona fide author than to create an ebook.
- ebooks are a great short-term cash generator: Because you can sell them for $27 and so it’s very affordable for most people. Plus you can do what’s called an “eBook Launch” or a “Virtual eBook Tour” and sell a lot of ebooks at one time. And again, because they aren’t expensive, it’s an easy sell.
- ebooks are the fastest way to build a TARGETED and PROFITABLE list through ebook launches and virtual ebook tours. When you partner with other list owners who are appealing to the same audience as you, and you offer a low-priced but valued product like an ebook, you can build your own list very quickly.
- ebooks can be the foundation for a 5-figure income: When you write an ebook the right way, you do the research FIRST. And by doing it, you’ll see EXACTLY what your market wants and how you can position yourself to build your very own profitable business. It’s easy when you’ve got a road map and you know where you’re going!
- ebooks sell books: And finally even if you’re a book writer you need an ebook. An ebook can either be used to promote your book, build your list and make more sale, or you can create an ebook-version of your manuscript and double your profits by offering it online. In today’s economy it’s crazy for book authors to ignore ebooks! eBooks ARE the future of book publishing!
So regardless of your situation, writing an ebook is THE best most powerful yet inexpensive way to create credibility, visibility, expert status, cash flow and long term success!
About the Author: Ellen Violette, the eBook Coach, is the creator of many innovative and successful workshops, programs and information products designed to teach people how to write and market ebooks and information products to create a dream lifestyle and financial freedom for themselves and their families.
Web Success Team: Bob Speyer is an online marketer, social media strategist and co-founder of the Web Success Team. Bob develops effective marketing strategies to help companies increase brand awareness and target more customers for their products and services. His articles are intended to educate as well as inform readers of the latest tools and techniques of online marketing. You can follow Bob on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.